SafetyK-State Campus Safety
Students, faculty and staff share the responsibility of keeping our campus safe and together work hard to have resources in place. The university community is guided by the Principles of Community, which describes the type of safe, supportive and caring community K-State seeks to foster.
Report unusual, threatening or dangerous behavior
- Manhattan campus: Contact the K-State Police at 785-532-6412 or 911 in the case of an emergency. You can file a confidential report through the Silent Witness program.
- Polytechnic campus: Contact the Campus Safety and Security Office at 785-826-2909 or 911 in the case of an emergency.
- Olathe campus: Contact K-State Olathe Security at 913-307-7318 or 911 in the case of an emergency.
Students can report suspicious behavior or concerns about fellow students to the Office of Student Life.
Receive emergency notifications
Sign up for K-State Alerts to notify you in case of an emergency. K-State Alerts will send you a text, email or voice message if there is an alert for your campus. Alert beacons, police public address system and website postings will warn the community in the event of a campus emergency.
Utilize the security measures on your campus
The K-State Police Department (Manhattan) and Campus Safety and Security Office (Salina) both have many officers that patrol their campus 24 hours a day, seven days a week. K-State Police monitor numerous emergency phone call boxes located throughout our Manhattan and Polytechnic campuses. Find the locations of the blue emergency phone boxes on your campus:
The Olathe campus is served by its own security staff.
LiveSafe is an app for the K-State community which allows you to connect with university safety resources, access safety maps and emergency information, and use peer-to-peer location tracking with group chat so friends can monitor and talk to you as you travel the campus.
Additional Manhattan campus resources
- Use Wildcat Walk to escort you on campus at night. Call 785-395-SAFE or push one of the blue light emergency buttons.
- SafeRide provides a safe ride home for K-State students and guests who live within the designated city limits of Manhattan.
Resources to prevent sexual and domestic violence
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Browse resources and tips for staying safe
The Office of Student Life provides resources and tips to protect yourself and others and to maintain a positive campus environment.